Confrérie du Mbog-Parlement du Cameroun
WORKING GROUP ON INDIGENOUS POPULATIONS
24th Session, Geneva 31 July to 4 August 2006
My name is Giancarlo Barbadoro, of the Ecospirituality Foundation and Representative of the traditional Confrérie of the Mbog-Parlement, Cameroon.
I am here to speak on behalf of this traditional Confrérie, that wishes to present to this Assembly an appeal for a help to support it's spiritual identity.
Ecco qui di seguito il suo Manifesto:
MANIFESTO OF THE BASSA PEOPLE
By the Spokesman of the Venerable Patriarch
Mbombog MBOUCK Guillaume
President of the "Confrérie du Mbog-Parlement"
We, BASSA-MPO'O and BATI people, gathered within the Brotherhood of the MBOG-PARLIAMENT under the aegis of the venerable Patriarch His Majesty MBOMBOG MBOUCK Guillaume in the natural sanctuary of the twelve log-tribes at NGOG-LITUBA, our sacred grotto in Cameroon, in this historic day, the fifteenth of the seventh month of the year of grace two thousand and six:
- Conscious of the urgency and the pressing necessity of joining with the indigenous peoples of the earth, with the aim of sharing with them the immense wisdom acquired from nature;
- Committed to defending without reservation, to divulging and upgrading the vectors of the Bassa people's natural spirituality at this time of globalisation;
- Determined to call out to the human spirit worldwide as well as to conscious souls about the risk of extinction of our age-old civilisation, which is subject to flagrant violations and historic aggression from hostile and intolerant foreign civilisations, and to policies aimed at the trivialisation and loss of cultural identity;
- Concerned about the frantic rate of the degradation of our atmosphere and the destruction of our forests, the poisoning of our rivers and the invasion of our natural sites by world powers as the new masters;
- Convinced that only a world-scale sensitisation and protection action is capable of influencing the decision-makers of the Nations of Africa on this topic;
- We are launching a vibrant appeal to the International Community, for the protection and the safeguard of the world's natural heritage in general, and for taking into account the indigenous peoples of Africa.
- We denounce the desecrations of the natural and spiritual sanctuary of the Bassa people that is the sacred mountain NGOG-LITUBA, perpetrated by the Roman Catholic Church, whose ambition is to turn into its real estate this sacred place of pilgrimage, cradle of the twelve Bassa tribes, by virtue of its monopoly in Cameroon, a laic country. This explains the setting up since over a decade ago of a cross and a statue of the Virgin Mary atop the mountain.
- We demand the return to Cameroon of the mystical vestiges and the traditional heritage of the Bassa people kept away in European museums since the colonisation of Cameroon by Germany, France, and Great Britain.
- We beseech world Institutions to look into the case of the Bassa people, so that an inventory be made of the spiritual and natural places from which it stems, and that these be preserved.
- We encourage indigenous peoples to unite to preserve nature and promote the universality of the natural reference on which they depend, in a spirit of brotherhood, peace, tolerance, and dialogue.
- We salute the initiative of the United Nations Human Rights Council in having given an international forum to the peoples whose history is marked by violations of their natural rights of all kinds, who have long suffered from the despoiling of their natural wealth, from marginalisation, from extermination, from deportation, and from grave attacks on their human dignity.
- We thank the Ecospirituality Foundation through Mr. GIANCARLO BARBADORO and Mrs. ROSALBA NATTERO, for its relentless determination to give to the Bassa people, by way of the Brotherhood of the Mbog-Parliament, an international visibility, as well as permanent assistance through the members of the Brotherhood.
Made in NGOG-LITUBA, on the fifteenth of July, 2006
Samuel Brice TJOMB
Confrérie du Mbog-Parlement
THE NATURAL PEOPLES OF THE EARTH HAVE THE DUTY
TO DENOUNCE THE HUMAN ATROCITIES THEY HAVE UNDERGONE
AT THE HANDS OF THEIR BROTHERS.
THE MBOG - PARLIAMENT OF CAMEROON IS THE VOICE OF THE DESCENDENTS OF THE BASSA COMMUNITY - MPO'O AND BATI
Thank you, Mr President.
I thank all of you for listening to my appeal.
Chairperson Ecospirituality Foundation
- of the Confrérie Mbog-Parlement, Cameroun
- of the Apache Survival Coalition of Arizona
- of the Breton "Menhirs Libres" Community of Brittany
- of the Wiran Aboriginal Corporation of Australia
- of the United Confederation of Taino People, Caribbean
Association régie par la loi N°90/53 en République du Cameroun
addresse : Siège: Douala-Cameroun BP 5113 Akwa
Ph (237) 9811063 / 734 02 74 /575 01 66 / 648 82 93